Ethiopian Spice Tea Recipe – የሻይ ቅመም (Yeshay Qimem)
Ethiopian Spice Tea Recipe - የሻይ ቅመም (Yeshay Qimem)
Ethiopian tea is a spice infusion, usually a chai-like mixture with citrus peels, rose hips, cloves, sometimes herbs like chamomile, and this was strong with cinnamon. No actual black tea, just the spices.
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup water
1 (1/4-inch-thick) slice fresh ginger
(All these spices are found mixed together as a single type of spice,Tea Spice!!)
- Stir all ground spices together in a small bowl.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon spice mixture and ginger and simmer 4 minutes.
- Pour tea through a fine sieve lined with a coffee filter or paper towel in a cup.
Health Benefit of Spiced tea
- INFLAMMATION AND PAIN RELIEF
- EMOTIONAL CALM AND DEPRESSION LIFTS