Free PDF Book | Developmental Psychology of the Black Child By Amos N. Wilson
- Are Black and White Children the same?
- Are there any significant differences in the mental and physical growth and development of Black and White Children?
- Are such leisure time activities as the playing of certain games, watching T.V., going to the movies, listening to the radio, hazardous to the mental health of Black Children?
- Why do Black Children generally score lower than White Children on I.Q. tests?
- Is the Black Child merely a White Child who “happens” to be “painted” Black?
- What effects does race awareness have on the mental and personality development of Black Children?
- Is the use of Black English a sign of mental inferiority?
- Do Black parents socialize their children to be inferior to White Children?
- Why have integrated schools and busing failed so many Black Children?
If you have been looking for a single source which deals with these and related controversial questions from a black perspective, then this book may be the book for you. For between its covers, THE DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY OF THE BLACK CHILD, the first of a UBCS series of books dealing with the growth, development, and education of the black child; the firstr book which deals exclusively with the physical and psychosocial development of the black child, in a scholarly but readily understandable way, forthrightly confronts these and other issues. The seminal and thought-provoking book goes beyond other such attempts of this typw in a variety of ways: (1) It presents many little known facts and surprising details about the development of the black child. (2) It presents an honest, poignant, spirited and in-depth description of the world of the black child from conception to school age. (3) It explores in a unique way the world of the black parent. And (4) it tenaciously pursues the implications of the issues it deals with and makes positive recommendations for evaluating them.