Vegetables and Legumes | Foods of the Bible
Foods of the Bible
Have you ever wondered what types of foods were eaten by our ancestors or would you like to prepare a biblical meal or feast? Perhaps you’d just like to learn more about the different types of foods mentioned in the Bible. This “grocery list” includes spices, fruits, vegetables, grains, fish, fowl, meats and other foods and drinks of the Bible. Scripture references are provided for each of the Bible foods.
Vegetables and Legumes
- ባቄላ – Beans (2 Samuel 17:28; Ezekiel 4:9)
- Cucumbers (Numbers 11:5)
- ቅል – Gourds (2 Kings 4:39)
- Leeks (Numbers 11:5)
- ምስር – Lentils (Genesis 25:34; 2 Samuel 17:28; Ezekiel 4:9)
- ቀይ ሽንኩርት Red Onions – Onions (Numbers 11:5)
• For more about Bible foods including traditional Bible feast recipes, check out A Biblical Feast.